Sporadic resolutions problems

Ronan Flood ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk
Sat Jun 26 18:34:07 UTC 2004

M Hoskison <matth at room41.net> wrote:

> I eventually managed
> to track it down to an overly restrictive allow-recursion options
> directive. All now seems to be working again, and ISC's mail server now
> sends me mail again!

That sounds a bit odd, as you shouldn't be seeing recursive queries
coming in from outside for data for which your servers are authoritative,
in normal operation.  And even if you did, I'd expect your servers to
answer the query from the authoritative data anyway, as they don't need
to recurse for it.  Could you give more detail about this?

--
                      Ronan Flood <R.Flood at noc.ulcc.ac.uk>
                        working for but not speaking for