tracking source of dns queries

Michele Chubirka chubirka at gwu.edu
Wed Jun 23 19:32:37 UTC 2004

Dnstop
http://dns.measurement-factory.com/tools/dnstop/
Helped me in the same situation. I was running out of recursive clients
after years of problem-free operation. Tracked it down to some
virus-infected Citrix systems. Blocked the systems at our border router =
and
problem went away. The sysadmin was VERY embarrassed. I've watched the
problem and at our site, was usually related to high amounts of virus
traffic.