/etc/resolv.conf

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Wed Jun 23 15:30:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:25:53PM -0700, Joe Hamelin wrote:
> So, for the caching server to resolve things itself you would want to
> put 127.0.0.1 in /etc/resolv.conf.  I thought he was asking what he
> should put there.  Sorry to piss you off so much. I'll just shut up
> and let you yell at everyone from now on.
>
> -Joe "only been using named for 10 years" Hamelin

OK, I saw your response - quite a while after mine, so, no, mine was
NOT a reaction to yours.  Although I should mention that it is not
necessary for a system running a name server to resolve from itself.
There are occasionally good reasons for it to resolve elsewhere.  But
that is the usual way to do it.  My mention of the file was purely
intended to turn the original poster's attention away from the file,
instead of munging it up.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B