bind 9.2.x on sparc64

Jeffrey Forman jforman at gentoo.org
Tue Jun 22 13:18:43 UTC 2004

I have been running bind 9.2.2 and 9.2.3 on my pentium3 for a while
using the bind-mysql patch from http://gw.netbastards.org/bm/.
Problem is, the patch works for both the above versions on my Pentium 3,
but I am moving bind over to my Sun Ultra2 Sparc64 machine, and the
patch does not work. It patches correctly and bind builds completely
fine, but when I go to load my zones, I get this in my logs on my Sun
box:
Jun 22 08:09:52.897 unsupported database type 'mysqldb'
Jun 22 08:09:52.897 zone formanonline.com/IN: loading zone: creating
database: not found

When loading on my pentium3, it loads just fine. Was wondering if you
guys had any ideas as to why the patch works on one arch, but not
another? Or might know of a more recent patch which works on the Sparc
architecture.

thanks,
jeffrey

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part