Errcode: 10038: Socket operation on non-socket on a slave.

Michael Barber mikeb at comcity.com
Mon Jun 21 18:33:26 UTC 2004

I'm using Bind 8.3.x on NT and am getting the error accept: Errcode: 10038:
Socket operation on non-socket on a slave.

I see that others have gotten this error from a search on the Internet
http://www.linuxarkivet.se/mlists/bind-users/0209/msg00776.html.  It appears
that upgrading to 9.x does not solve this issue according to the poster.

Anybody know what is causing this issue?  I do see errors preceeding this
about the slave serial numbers needing to zone transfer...but thats about
it.

Thank You very much.
Michael