BIND question

Alexander Schmidt nospam at web.de
Sun Jun 20 15:11:17 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a server machine, but no own nameserver (at least that is what I
think) ;-)
Currently I use virtual domains with Apache 1.3.6.
So, when a user enters www.mydomain.tld this is resolved by Apache to some
directory.
But currently mydomain.tld is not resolved.

One option would be to make an additional entry in httpd.conf, which is
annoying to do for every Domain.
The second option would be configure my DNS to have *.mydomain.tld (* =
jolly for
everything) pointing to the same IP.
At least that is what someone said...

The second thing is that I want everything starting with webmail.*, so
webmail.mydomain.tld or webmail.anotherdomain.tld to be directed to some
specific directory where squirrelmail lies.
I guess this is possible, too.

Can anyone help (bind9 is installed I guess).

Thanks.