Find all host A records in loadsharing

Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) jonathan.w.miner at baesystems.com
Fri Jun 18 17:02:54 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
I need to configure a firewall to pass traffic from our internal=20
network to certain internet host (for example to allow ftp to
ftp.hp.com) but many do diabolical load sharing/
redundancy schemes and I get different A records returned every time
I do a lookup.

You might be better off using an FTP proxy, and setting your firewall up =
to only allow outgoing FTP connections from the proxy. You could set up =
your access controls on the proxy server.

IMO, trying to do this via IP addresses on the firewall will turn into =
an ongoing effort.