Bind showing erratic behaviour

peace bwitchu peacebwitchu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 12:50:53 UTC 2004

I am currently running bind 9.2.2 on Linux.  This
server had been running fine for the last year or more
but within the last 2 weeks Bind has started going
crazy after being up for a couple of days.  Cpu
utilization starts spiking
and hovering around 70-80 percent the server is
usually utilizing 4-8 percent cpu.  I can stop and
start named then cpu goes back to it's norm 4-8
percent.  I have monitored the traffic on the weekend
when this was happening and there was only around 70
queries per/second
they were all normal udp queries.  I'm upgrading to
9.2.3
this weekend but has anyone else seen this behaviour
on 9.2.2.  Also it stopped responding about 2 weeks
ago and I had to restart it.

Thanks