auth-nxdomain yes

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Wed Jun 16 03:43:33 UTC 2004

> If the client is using the gethostbyname() interface, or something like
> it, then it shouldn't make any difference, since the flag values are not
> accessible through that interface. If an app running on the client is
> using the resolver library directly, then it might care whether AA is
> set or not; that would depend on how the application is written...

hmm, so if that remote application is bind (forwarding to me), seting
'auth-nxdomain yes' might help, isn't it? The remote forwarding bind
might start caching the nxdomain with the aa bit, which could have been
ignored by this remote caching bind previously due to the absence of aa
bit in the nxdomain response, thus decreasing the number of requests
sent to me(caching server):-).

Thanks for you support kevin,

Ladislav