'dig -t any ...' question : *ANSWER* & *GLUE* credibility discrepancies

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Sun Jun 13 13:34:27 UTC 2004

    Ladislav> It does, jim, and I have to say it, your reply is
    Ladislav> incorrect, bind 8.3.4 and 9.3.0beta4 and 9.2.3 all of
    Ladislav> these are reluctant to provide the answers to recursive
    Ladislav> client if it cached with credibility *glue*.

If that's the case, please explain why my BIND9.3 server is perfectly
happy to return the glue it got for fake1.ladislav.name.ae after it
had cached a referral for ladislav.name.ae. That was clearly shown in
my earlier posting.

    Ladislav> I have done some troubleshooting, and seems that there
    Ladislav> are discrepancies amongst different bind servers how
    Ladislav> they treat non-authoritative records let's call it glue,

No, let's call it "non-authoritative records". Glue is a specific
technical term that has a specific meaning.

Anyway, I'm not continuing this discussion as I've got nothing to add
to what I've already said.