Reverse DNS problem

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Wed Jun 9 22:02:16 UTC 2004

On Monday 07 June 2004 08:30 am, Pete Walker wrote:

> Is it possible for a name server which is currently only a secondary
> NS to be the primary NS for reverse records?
> I wish to set up the in-addr.arpa zone file for the 212 range below
> on 212.248.239.133, which is currently only a secondary.

Actually, a BIND nameserver is neither a master nor a slave nameserver;
it's simply a nameserver.

It can host either master or slave DNS for a given zone or zones,
depending on it's configuration.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation