DIG - Connection Timeout for one ISP

Craig Hoskin nospam at infobahn.co.nz
Wed Jun 9 07:24:20 UTC 2004

<phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu> wrote in message news:ca69ff$ott$1 at sf1.isc.org...

> > a) Any ideas why a person using ns1.argonaut.com.au gets periodic lookup
> > failures?
>
> Why should anyone use it ?  The "best" way is to have your nameserver
> find it's way through delegation records and fetch the answer from the
> authoritative sources.

My nameservers are authoritative, Im referring to a case where a person
using ISP (argonaut.com.au) cant resolve a domain which is hosted on my
servers

> > b) Why that name server speciftically sometimes timesout?
> See (a)
>
> > c) Why a DIG ANY gives two different outputs for the same name server
> > (ns1.argonaut.com.au)
>
> See (a)
>
> > d) Have I stuffed anything big time in my own setup?
>
> You are running an obsolete bind-9

Thanks ... I wouldnt consider a release of 9.2.1 "obsolete" when the current
version is only 9.2.3, but will follow your advise and upgrade the daemon.

Cheers

Craig