Forwarders option in BIND

ludovic LECLERC ludovic.leclerc at col.bsf.alcatel.fr
Fri Jun 4 16:56:26 UTC 2004

hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to reduce time interval between
requests sent by name server to a list of forwarders. I made some
tests and I found that when there are multiple forwarders in a list
just like :

forwarders {ip_addr1; ip_addr2; ip_addr3; ip_addr4;};

name server wait for 2 seconds before it sends the request to the next
one when forwarder does not answer (if ip_addr4 is the only one who's
alive, I'll wait for 6 seconds before it gets the request).

I'm using a linux server running BIND v9.2.

Anyone knows a way to reduce this 2 seconds interval or better be able
to send requests to all forwarders of a list at the same time ? It
would really help me !

THX