DNS Cleanup

Rich Parkin RParkin at ldmi.com
Fri Jul 23 15:30:51 UTC 2004

I'm not sure why my mail messages would be rejected as forged, but here
is the information you're looking for:

The first script is available at
http://www.bluegeek.net/downloads/zonereport.pl

You'll need to set some variables at the beginning of the script to
customize it for your use, and you'll need to run it on the nameserver
that serves the zones you want to check.

Obviously, there's no warranty or guarantee with this script.  It's
fairly simple.  It should work and it shouldn't
hurt anything... it only reads the configuration files, it doesn't try
to change them.  If you have any problems with it please let me know,
preferably a private email and not through the BIND mailing list.

Richard Parkin
System Administrator
CCNA
Data Center Operations
LDMI Telecommunications

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 07:45, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 17:24, Rich Parkin wrote:
> > I've got a couple of unpolished Perl scripts I've been meaning to
clean
> > up and make more usable.  Both scripts require Perl (5) and the
Net::DNS
> > module.
>
> [snipped]
>
> Please point me to the scripts. I need them and am willing to work
with
> whatever you have.
>
> TIA

Thanks for trying to send me the stuff. I was combing my logs and
noticed that your emails were rejected as forged. Have you got them on
website where they can be had? This would save some aggravation for
both
of us.

BTW, I do not know how to stop sendmail from making this particular
rejection. Sorry.
--
G. Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
PATH tech