Reverse Dns Question...is it really necessary or not?

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard at Tesco.NET
Sun Jul 18 16:45:17 UTC 2004

JG> It's a fact that postmasters applying stricter policies then
JG> AOL WRT PTR records are blocking mail from a great number of
JG> small businesses as well as legitimate mail from third world
JG> countries with recalcitrant ISPs.  This is their right.

And here we have another straw man.  No-one is arguing that people do not
have a right to do such daft things as have been discussed in this thread.
And whether they do or do not have such a right has no bearing upon whether
what they are doing is daft.

<URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/dukhat-on-foolishness.html>

Indeed, people are even encouraged to daft and damaging things in some cases.

<URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/smtp-spf-is-harmful.html>