Bind 9.2.3 very, very slow starup

Eric Dynowski bindlist at ip-hotel.com
Tue Jul 13 16:00:38 UTC 2004

George,

We are having a difficult time figuring out when it started exactly, as
far as I know we have not made any changes to anything. I have combed
through the SYSLOG messages, and started named with -d option and there
are no indications as to what may be causing this. I think the fact the
rndc reload  zone name doesn't work is directly related to the slow
startup. I have tried several different versions of bind 9 with the same
result.

Are there any other debug options I can turn to make the logging output
more verbose?

Thanks
Eric.