CNAME Error

Yann Debonne bind9-users at debonne.net
Mon Jul 12 05:57:23 UTC 2004

I've just migrated to Mandrake 10 which comes with BIND 9.2.3.
My other two slave name servers are BIND 9.2.1.

Please tell me what is wrong with the CNAME portion of this file:

-----------------------

$ttl 38400
@ IN SOA milk.purecreamery.com. jim.dovecanyontech.com. (
                        2004071102
                        10800
                        3600
                        604800
                        38400 )

                IN      NS      milk.purecreamery.com.
                IN      NS      wall.softplanners.com.
                IN      NS      gate.debonne.net.
                IN      A       67.122.54.81

                IN      MX      0 gate.debonne.net.

www            CNAME   dovecanyontech.com.
ftp            CNAME   dovecanyontech.com.

                IN      TXT     "Location: Yann's Office"
                IN      RP      jim.dovecanyontech.com. Jim

-----------------------

When loading the new zone on the master server, I get no errors, but the
server will not resolve the domain!  The slave servers simply ignore the
zone upon reload, but give no errors.  HOWEVER, if I comment out the CNAME
entries, everything works perfectly.  I never had this problem with BIND
9.2.1.

????

Thanks, y

Yann Debonne