Configure bind for private home network without top level domain

Andreas Guther Andreas.Guther at guther.com
Sat Jul 10 23:53:57 UTC 2004

Hi Peter:

thanks for the comments.  I finally had the time this morning to go over the
configuration files again and (I'm so happy :) could get my server to work.

While reading other postings I noticed that there might be an issue with the
/etc/resolv.conf file.  I had as nameserver 0.0.0.0.  After changing it to the
internal IP address and going over the named.conf and the db files with a fresh
view I could spot some missing semicolons in addition.  All together made the trick.

Regards,

Andreas

Peter Albrecht wrote: [shortened]