Interpreting a DNS report

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Sat Jul 10 05:44:43 UTC 2004

When I look at the your reverse class report, it says one fail - Missing
nameservers, which basically means there is a mismatch between the
parent and the child in who should be nameservers authoritative for this
reverse zone. Parent says ns1 and ns2, and inside the authoritative zone
on the child you mentioned just ns1.

This kind of information should be same on parent as well as child, you
might face interminent problems with it.

BTW: you should really have more than single server, this is a must. You
can somehow register with single one "pretending two", as you did, but
at the end this will really turn against you... (and your users)

Ladislav