Named LOGGING

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 9 12:32:19 UTC 2004

In article <cclt01$129k$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Deepa Pannirselvam <deepa_pannir at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can i disable all the debug messages that named is
> doing?
> I dont want any log messages in the /var/log/messages
> and in /var/run/named.run file that named is logging.
>
> Is there any option for this.
> I thought that named wont log any messages if it is
> started with option " named -d 0". But still I am
> gettign the messages in /var/log/messages.

Named doesn't log any debugging messages by default, but it does log
normal operational messages (like when it's starting up and loading zone
files) and errors.  You can control these using the "logging" section of
named.conf; if you don't want certain log messages, send them to the
null channel.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA