Supporting domaindnszones forestdnszones in Active Directory

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jul 8 03:41:11 UTC 2004

My guess would be that AD is ignoring the underscore for the "root"
domain that it uses. This could either be a simple GUI bug (the
underscore is dropped), or it could be something deeper, like an
inconsistent attempt to obey Internet hostname requirements (which
technically forbid underscores). Why do you *want* underscores in those
domain names? What does it buy you?

                                       - Kevin