Public and private key format

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Jul 7 18:21:09 UTC 2004

    Manuel> Hi all.  Could somebody tell me in which format the public
    Manuel> and private key are coded ?? Any standard (PKCS#xx)??

The DNSSEC protocol defines the wire and zone formats for DNSKEY and
RRSIG records. But not the private keys, obviously. Read the current
drafts on the IETF web site: internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-*.
How the public and private keys get presented to signing tools and so
on is an implementation issue. So I guess that means reading the BIND9
(and openssl?) source code. :-)