how do you configure a site wide name server

Chris Mathews mathews at uk2.net
Fri Jul 2 14:21:10 UTC 2004

probably obvious but have been trying to figure this one out
for a while now - here goes...

the primary name server for our domain is a remote DNS service
provider.

we would like to configure a system local to our network as a
secondary name server for our domain using the external DNS service
provider as our primary, so all of the other systems in our network
can act as clients to this local secondary server.

the problem is that the remote DNS service provider does not support
us being a secondary server to their primary (something to do with
network traffic and abuse)

does anyone know if it is possible to achieve this using BIND servers
on UNIX or should I give up now...

Cheers - Chris