CNAME question

ike lozada ikelozada at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 03:53:16 UTC 2004

Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:<bvc1lf$9pf$1 at sf1.isc.org>...

> Where are you getting this from?  When I look up smtp.azcom.net, the
> name doesn't exist.  And azcom.net resolves to a different address.

hehe, Sorry but I am still in the process of testing my configuration
before I put it out that's why it doesnt resolve correctly yet.
Anyway, the setup is that there is a single server for dns,www and
mail. now, what I'd like to happen is that when people ping
"smtp.mydomain.com", the server would reply as "smtp.mydomain.com" as
well as "www.mydomain.com",etc... however, what it currently does is
that it replies as the "hostname" of the machine instead of
"smtp.mydomain.com, www.mydomain.com,etc"