[Bind-users] Limited visibility

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Wed Jan 28 20:55:51 UTC 2004

this can be because they might restrict looking up zones they don't host,
i do that myself as well.

my attempts below:

elvandar# dig www.w-sys.co.uk

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> www.w-sys.co.uk
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.w-sys.co.uk.               IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.w-sys.co.uk.        10      IN      CNAME   mail.w-sys.co.uk.
mail.w-sys.co.uk.       5777    IN      A       82.68.177.92

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
w-sys.co.uk.            4858    IN      NS      dns.w-sys.co.uk.
w-sys.co.uk.            4858    IN      NS      mail.w-sys.co.uk.

;; Query time: 57 msec
;; SERVER: 10.0.2.121#53(10.0.2.121)
;; WHEN: Wed Jan 28 21:53:37 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 100