No address associated with name ..

Manuel Antonio Pérez Ucaña mperez at citi.com.mx
Thu Jan 22 16:03:38 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have this situation in a mail server.

The nslookup command can resolve the MX records.

nslookup
Default Server:  sigma.sigma-alimentos.com
Address:  207.248.235.34

> set type=3Dmx
> compumark.com.mx
Server:  sigma.sigma-alimentos.com
Address:  207.248.235.34

Non-authoritative answer:
compumark.com.mx        preference =3D 10, mail exchanger =3D mail.compum=
ark.com.mx

compumark.com.mx        nameserver =3D ns.compumark.com.mx
mail.compumark.com.mx   internet address =3D 200.52.138.162

But when I try to connect by telnet to the mail exchanger, the answer is
the following:

telnet  mail.compumark.com.mx 25
mail.compumark.com.mx: No address associated with name

This problem are not with all domains.

I check the same domain in other Name server, and it is resolved.

The server have S.O. solaris 2.6 and BIND 8.4.1.

I check the file named.conf, in options only have in allow-transfer, the
list of hosts.

I stop/start the named, and resolve ALL, but past the time, this situatio=
happens again.

Something that I can review?

Thanks

Manuel Antonio P=E9rez Uca=F1a
Soporte T=E9cnico Remoto
CITI - Corporaci=F3n en Investigaci=F3n Tecnol=F3gica e Inform=E1tica
Sendero Sur # 285 Col. Contry
Monterrey, Nuevo Le=F3n, M=E9xico
CP 64860 Tel. (81) 8357-2267 Ext. 137