slave records beginning with db-

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Thu Jan 22 16:30:50 UTC 2004

I've noticed zonefile records beginning with "db-" among the zonefiles
in one of my slave servers.  Not that many of them, but over 20.

I restarted a slave server today and noticed a new one was created.

Exmaination shows that they're for what appear to be random domains, and
there is also a complete transferred file for that domain.

The slave nameserver appears to work, but I can't help but be curious.

I tried a lookup in google, but that didn't work because it ignores the
"-" and finds all occurrences of db, which is a lot.

I tried a lookup of the list archives and didnt' find anything.

Can someone explain?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation