Customer request

Jeff Stevens jstevens at vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 12 22:34:18 UTC 2004

I have a customer request that goes like this:
<request>
Customer wants to query particular outside DNS for a particular domain.
   He does NOT want to go to this DNS for ANY queries outside that
domain. (he is using pop mail on a mail server and wants to be dynamic
addresses for this server as they go up/down all the time)

He cannot use as forwarder as he doesnt want users to be able to query
for other internet address.   He only wishes to dynamically query ONE
domain (actually ONE NAME - probably the mail server).
</request>

I have a hard time seeing how he can pick up an external DNS NS unless
he manually configures a static IP for the domain NS.  It does appear he
wants to query it (and be the only one able to do so) for a single
address.  It seems a little ridiculous to lock down the users this way,
but I've no ideas other than a manual process.  If anyone has a tip,
they'll have my thanks...!

--
Jeffrey Stevens