Forward from root DNS!

Fredrik Håkansson frhak at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:19:32 UTC 2004

Hello guys!

I'm in control over two root name servers on a huge companys Intranet. They
are authoritative for ".", ".net" and "in-addr.arpa.". Subzones are
delegated to various servers within the company.

My question is, would it be possible to have selective forward statements
for some zones located on Internet from these root name servers? Remember
that we also need to answer on non recursive queries since DNS clients are
configured to use DNS servers spread around the organization.

Thanks in advance!