[Bind-users] Problem starting up BIND9

Ajai Khattri ajai at bway.net
Tue Feb 24 22:54:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Remko Lodder wrote:

> The file also needs to be readable by your machine,
> does it chroot? if not doesnt it could mean that it uses
> /var/run/named.pid as alternative, does it have permissions there?
>
> pid-file "/var/named/named.pid";
>
> could also help.
> try it

I got it working but:

Looks like my rc script in /etc/init.d is broken.

The following works just fine:

/usr/local/sbin/named -u named -c /etc/named/named.conf

So it may not be setting up the command line correctly in my rc script...

I am using RedHat so I will need to look a /etc/sysconfig/named I guess.

Thanks for your help,

--
Aj.
Sys. Admin / Developer