Putting zones is Mysql database

Vishal vishal at netsolutionsindia.net
Sat Feb 21 09:53:21 UTC 2004

BlankHello All,

I m on a Solaris/Redhat/Cobalt box with Bind , I have been adding the zone
file entries Manually in named.conf and the zones in /usr/dns/, Since my
domain list is growing, I m looking for a Automated process of doing this in
a more secure and safe way.

What i want is that all the zones files (existing) should come from a Mysql
database, so that i'll write in a script that will add a Entry in a
named.conf file and also insert it in a mysql database. same goes while
retrieving the zones.

Is there any way of Doing it ??? Or if somebody can suggest me something
that will help me out !

Thanks in advance.

Vishal.