How has lwresd taken over on my Debian system?

Roberto Quiroga noswen at example.net
Fri Feb 20 13:05:25 UTC 2004

"Steve Dondley" <stevedondley at comcast.net> escribió:

> I've got a Debian Woody system.  When I reload the DNS files with 'rndc
> rload' and look in the daemon.log file, I notice that lwresd (lightweight
> resolver daemon) is trying to reload an lwresd.conf file instead of the
> named daemon loading the named.conf file.  I did nothing that I can think of
> that could cause this to happen  and I never knew lwresd even existed until
> now.
>
> Anyone have a clue what setting might cause lwresd to take over so I can
> stop it from doing so in the future?

/etc/init.d/lwresd

Package: rcconf
 This tool configures system services in connection with system
 runlevels.  It turns on/off services using the scripts in
 /etc/init.d/.  Rcconf works with both System-V style and file-rc
 runlevel configuration.  It is a TUI frontend to the update-rc.d
 command.

--
Roberto Quiroga