[newbye] ultradns.net not updating

Patrick patrick at armage.nospamthanx.org
Thu Feb 19 03:09:12 UTC 2004

Barry Margolin wrote:

> Sorry, I got confused about which was the old and new address.

Don't be sorry. I am sorry to annoy you with that problem.
And thanks for your help.

> The host entry that you need to change is for ns1.joc-ere.org, not
> www.joc-ere.org.  Did you update that with your registrar?

Yes. And anyway, the ip is the same. But I use ns1 if i'm asked a name
and not an ip.

> You should also get the server at the old address to stop answering DNS,
> or get it to answer with the new data.  Otherwise, some queries will go
> there, and it will continue to refresh caches with the obsolete data.

The old server has served the new ip. But now, to be sure, I've deleted the
"joc-ere.org" zone from named.conf.

And ultradns.net (and dnsreport.com) keeps on with the old ip... It's very
frustating.

New dns server named.conf contains (not only) :
zone "joc-ere.org" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.joc-ere.org";
        notify yes;
        allow-transfer { 80.67.173.196 ; };
};

New dns server /etc/bind/db.joc-ere.org contains :
@       IN      SOA     ns1.joc-ere.org. root.joc-ere.org. (
                                2004021701      ; serial
                                8H              ; refresh
                                2H              ; retry
                                1W              ; expire
                                1D )            ; minimum
;
@       IN      NS              ns1.joc-ere.org.
@       IN      NS              ns6.gandi.net.
@       IN      MX      10      mail.joc-ere.org.
;@      IN      MX      20      mx2.nerim.net.
;
localhost       IN      A       127.0.0.1
ns1             IN      A       194.146.224.78
mail            IN      A       194.146.224.78
www             IN      A       194.146.224.78

I can't see what is wrong with that.

--
Patrick