How to look up my NS and glue information in root zone files?

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Thu Feb 19 16:55:42 UTC 2004

>Hello.  I have a question about how my initial NS record information
>gets stored in the root zone files

unless you run a TLD, your domains' info is not in the root-servers.net

 > This appears to indicate that the NS records stored for my domain in
>fact match mine.

aka, "delegation data matches zone data"

>   My question: is=20
>that really what the above DIG command shows?

the delegation records for your zone from an NS authoritative for .edu

>Another way of asking this: if I want to change my list of NS records, I
>presumably have to somehow
>notify the top-level zone authorities

go to the .edu registrar

>  so that they can make
>corresponding changes in the top-level
>zone files.  How can I verify that that has actually been done?  (For
>that matter, how do I verify
>that the glue A records have been set correctly at that upper level?)

dig for them.

Len