Win XP as Bind client

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Feb 9 02:48:39 UTC 2004

At 02:58 AM 2/7/04, V at dim wrote:
>My home xp pc i have configured same as in office.

Obviously it isn't otherwise you wouldn't have this problem.

>For example my home domain's name is home.net and server name is hserv.
>  From my home xp client i can only ping hserv.home.net, i can't ping
>hserv without domain name. Why? Help to solve this problem.

You need to go into network settings for the LAN, select TCP/IP properties
and go into advanced and set the name/search list. I forget exactly where
this is. You need the domain name for the PC a minimum.

None of this has anything to do with BIND. This is a Windows configuration
problem.

Danny