Reverse Lookup Problem

Idris Saliu saliui at qwestscientific.com
Fri Feb 6 11:30:35 UTC 2004

Hello All,
  I'm a DNS newbie, trying to setup reverse lookup for a couple of
domains. Reverse lookups work fine from within my network, my name
server, but i get error messages when I do the same lookup else where.
I have attached some files here, maybe the guru's here will see what
I'm doing wrong put me through. Thanks in advance.

File: 8.248.80.in-addr.arpa.db

$TTL    1d
;owner  class   type    data
@       IN      SOA     flying-dove1.21ctl.com. hostmaster.21ctl.com.
(
                        2003052400      ; serial number YYYYMMDDNN
                        1h              ; refresh 8 hours
                        1h              ; retry   1 hours
                        2w2d            ; expire 2 weeks 2 days
                        2h )            ; Negative caching TTL of 2
hours;

;;
;;      Name Servers
;;

                NS      flying-dove1.21ctl.com.
                NS      flying-dove2.21ctl.com.
                NS      austin.gh.com.
                NS      dns1.21ctl.com.

;;
;;      Network Information
;;

188             PTR     abn-mail-server.accessbankplc.com.

File: accessbankplc.com.db

$TTL    2h
;owner  class   type    data
@       IN      SOA     flying-dove1.21ctl.com. hostmaster.21ctl.com.
(
                        2003080200      ; serial number YYYYMMDDNN
                        1h              ; refresh 8 hours
                        1h              ; retry   1 hours
                        2w2d            ; expire 2 weeks 2 days
                        2h )            ; Negative caching TTL of 2
hours;

;;      Name Servers
;;
; There must be an A record for flying-dove1.21ctl.com. elsewhere in
this file.
; You can't use a CNAME for this.
;
                NS      flying-dove1.21ctl.com.
                NS      flying-dove2.21ctl.com.
                NS      dns1.21ctl.com.
;
;
;;
;;      Mail Forwarders
;;
; The machines at your site running SMTP servers that are prepared to
; accept mail from the outside world, plus off-site backups.
; There must be an A record for mailhost.gh.com. elsewhere in this
; file.  You can't use a CNAME for this.
;
                MX      5       abn-mail-server.accessbankplc.com.
;
; Only include Upstream relays if you are a Caller customer,
; or have explicitly requested extra off-site backup.
;
localhost       A       127.0.0.1
;
; Put your host names and addresses in here
;
abn-mail-server         A       80.248.8.188
#www                    IN      A       64.239.82.43
www                     IN      A       12.30.241.66
webmail                 IN      A       80.248.8.186
infopool                IN      A       80.248.8.189

;
; Put your host canonical names (CNAMES) in here
;