DNS TTLs revisited

Robert Gahl bgahl at bawcsa.org
Thu Feb 5 19:25:15 UTC 2004

My company is the holder of the domain netflame.cc

While the TTL on the domain has been set to 24 hours, we have set an
individual TTL on one particular machine (ssl-hints.netflame.cc) to 30 seconds.

My question is this:

Does this play well across all DNS? I haven't done this until 9.x, so I
don't know about version 8 or, for that matter, version 4. Is there a
version out there where they only take the domain value (1 day) rather than
the individual value (30 sec)?

Thanks.

===
Bob Gahl Bicycle (Ryan Vanguard) Mobile ||     @
     ARPA/Internet: bgahl at bawcsa.org     ||  !_ \
"Sahn joong moe low ful how jee yah ching wong" - "When the
mountain has no tigers, the monkey will also declare himself
king." Chinese Proverb