Problem for configure DNS

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Dec 31 01:46:20 UTC 2004

At 02:27 PM 12/27/2004, Rodrigo Salom=E3o wrote:
>Gentlemen;
>
>I am trying to create my secondary DNS using BIND but I am not getting.
>After the installation nothing was installed.
>I read the documentation and I didn't understand as it should be done.
>
>Can you help me?
>
>I am using Windows XP

If you installed BIND on WXP you need to create a named.conf file
in the etc directory in which you installed the software (the directory
is created for you if it doesn't exist). The only required entry on
a Windows box is the directory directive in options to tell it where
the files are. Note that BIND needs read and write access to that
directory by the account running BIND.

Danny