administering 1,000 zone files

Mariano Cunietti mcunietti at enter.it
Thu Dec 30 14:21:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 14:22, phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote:

> > What I'm actually looking for is a way to synchronize named.conf
> > on both servers: each time I add a new zone to the master, I want the
> > correspondig slave statement to be created on the slave server.
>
> > This could be accomplished through a (perl?) script, maybe using a
> > shared SQL database which is populated via web.
>
> > My questions are:
> > a) can you suggest me such a tool to perform these tasks?
>
> perl + ssh / rsync to distribute the resulting file. A few
> hours of work si all you need.
>
> Also look into using a "hidden" master , it will simplify things
> whenever you encounter an error during reload of your master.

Thanks Peter.
I was considering to use the "include" statement in my slave named.conf,
to ease the readability of my newly generated slave zone list, and to
keep it apart from general configuration statement as well.
May this be a *correct* way to proceed?

Alex: obviously my perl script would "translate" the statements to a correct slave syntax.

TIA

Mariano
--
Mariano Cunietti