Bind behaves weirdly

jc pinoteau jc.pinoteau at laposte.net
Tue Dec 28 08:28:29 UTC 2004

I'll try this. At least it will tell me who is guilty.

My idea of using forwarding was for users comfort. Without forwarding =
the
researches starts from the root servers and some requests takes over =
five
seconds (the first time of course!), while with forwarding on the ISP's =
DNS
(when it works!) the same requests takes a few milliseconds.

I am still interested to figure out what's going wrong between my DNS =
and
the ISP's DNS. How can I get a trace of exchanges between those two?

Thanks for helping guys!