about organization of dns views

Fabiano Silos Reis fsilos at ig.com
Thu Dec 23 14:14:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

I would like to configure dns view as clean as possible, but i´m getting some problems with this task. At named.conf I have:

. . .

view "internal" {

        match-clients { "acl-internal"; };

        include "zones-internal.inc";

};

view "internal" {

        match-clients { any; }; // everyone who is not "internal"

        include "zones-external.inc";

};

At zones-internal.inc I have:

zone "domain.com.br" {

        type master;

        file "virtual_domains/domain.com.br-internal";

};

At zones-external.inc I have:

zone "domain.com.br" {

        type master;

        file "virtual_domains/domain.com.br";

};

zone "domain2.com.br" {

        type master;

        file "virtual_domains/domain2.com.br";

};

The question I have here is: Why domain2.com.br is not resolved when I ask my dns from an IP address that is defined in acl-internal? Is there a way to do that without defining this zone at "internal" view? If yes, I think it will more easy to deal with my configuration zone files because I have a lot of zones and I would´nt like to repeat these zones inside each view I have...

Thanks in advance people and have a nice xmas celebration!

Fabiano Reis