"Mounting" a zone in two locations

Charles Duffy cduffy at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 22 23:25:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:57:01 +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:

> 	You can use a "foo.B.com. DNAME foo.A.com".  Requires the servers for
> 	foo.B.com to know how to handle DNAMES (as BIND 9 does). This will may
> 	everything below foo.B.com to the same prefix under foo.A.com.

I'll try that; thanks!

> 	One really needs to ask why you need to add names to foo.B.com at all?

A is the domain name we've used internally since founding, B is this
week's new one. In protest of the number of name changes we've had so far
(and to minimize the impact of any future ones), IT is using our original
company name for everything that's not customer-facing, and setting up the
official company name-of-the-hour to mirror the original (actual) site.

Thus, the stuffier management types and customers can use B, while
everyone else keeps with A.