default zone file

Robert Montgomery mogtnomr at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 13:17:15 UTC 2004

I've searched around but cant seem to find an answer
to this question.

Is it possible to configure bind to use a default zone
file when no zone is configured for a given domain?

As it stands now, I add the following line to
named.conf every time a new domain is added to the
system.

zone "domain.com" { type master; file "default.zone";
};

If I could somehow configure bind to use a default
zone file, then I wouldnt even need to add that line
and restart the nameserver each time I add a domain.

thanks.
--Rob