No A Records

zofobill at yahoo.com zofobill at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 13:20:06 UTC 2004

I just setup a new DNS server in my mixed mode Win2K/NT4 SP6a
environment (no AD yet)on a Win2K SP4 server, and have option 015 on my
DHCP server defined, but the clients are not appearing automatically as
A Records on the DNS server.  I've tried appending a DNS suffix on the
clients, without success there as well, can't figure out what this
problem could be.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Are
'A' records supposed to be automatically created in the first place?