BIND9.3.0 installation

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Sun Dec 19 22:01:53 UTC 2004

> Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:35:21 -0500
> From: "Piniella, David A" <DPiniella at med.miami.edu>
>
> You shouldn't need to compile (or configure) gcc for installation
> itself; sunfreeware (or blastwave.com) offer it as a package which you
> can install with the solaris pkg-add utility (# pkg-add -d gcc.pkg would
> be the command).
>
> You have to make the "cc" variable in the config that you're trying to
> compile use "gcc" instead of cc (or point to gcc). You can also try
> making /usr/ucb/cc a link to gcc (wherever you have it installed -- if
> it's from sunfreeware.com that'll be /usr/local or /opt unless you
> specified somewhere else.)

After adding the package, all you should have to do is to add an
environment variable called CC that points to gcc...

csh
setenv CC gcc
or
setenv CC /usr/local/bin/gcc

sh
CC=gcc; export CC
or
CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc; export CC

One of the above should do it.  I generally do

setenv CC gcc

with /usr/local/bin in my path (I got the gcc package from
sunfreeware.com...)

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

> Make sure that whichever way you choose to do it, you add that directory
> to your path.
>

> David Piniella

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1             | Fax:      408.894.3479
San Jose, CA 95134                      | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin