Wildcard DNS (pros and cons)

JimH@Nucleus.com jimh at nucleus.com
Mon Dec 13 16:57:19 UTC 2004

Is there an ability to disallow wildcard DNS?  Lets say I am being a
seconday DNS server for a customer, and I dont want wildcard DNS
capabilities, is there a config option to disallow it?   The customers I had
doing this had no idea what it was they were doing.  It was made so they do
not have to do any DNS Changes.  they had a website setup so they if their
customer entired some info, they could create a webpage with
<subdomain>.theirtld.com domain, and he did not want to do DNS for at all
(taking the lazy man's approach)

Thanks

Jim