Newbie on DNS

Kerry Thompson kerry at security.geek.nz
Tue Dec 7 20:08:53 UTC 2004

Plantier, Spencer said:
> I have just inherited DNS. I have a working DNS and need to add a new
> domain. Can someone walk me through adding a new domain?
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

Go to Google and search for "DNS HOWTO", read the docs and the BIND
Administrators Reference Manual ( BIND ARM ). There is plenty of
information out there which doesn't need repeating in mailing lists.

As a quick start, you will probably need to edit /etc/named.conf and
create ( or copy existing ) zone files in /var/named or some similar
directory where they are kept on your system.

Kerry

--
Kerry Thompson
IT Security Consultant