Upgradeing from bind 8.2.2 to bind 8.3.4

Martin Timbro martin.timbro at cgi.com
Thu Dec 2 18:23:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

Assuming your installation is standard and not custom, it is fairly easy
to upgrade the binary from within the same branch (8.x.x)...

You should upgrade to version 8.4.5 instead of 8.3.4 because a couple of
bug fixes were implemented between the two versions. You can find a
version of the source file on www.isc.org.

The upgrade procedure is fairly easy as all you have to do is compile
from source (./configure from within the buid directory), make, make
install. I do recommend you back up your existing and working binary to
something like named.orig before the make install phase so you can roll
back if needed (hopefully not ;-)).

Ciao.