caching only Bind w/override of some names

fropnorlm fropnorlm at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 01:17:27 UTC 2004

>> Is there any way to do this? If it matters - Bind is running chroot on
>> OpenBSD.
>(nice combination :-)

I like it also :-)

>You may create two zones : "smtp1.attglobal.net." and "smtp2.attglobal.net."
>both with a single "A" record (in addition to the SOA and NS records) The A
>records should have the IP of your internal nameserver.

>This will however affect your internal networks possibiyties to deliver
>mail to the same 2 servers ...  A better way could be to have your
road-warriors
>to use a vpn to your home-net and send mail this way.

Thanks for the suggestion - I was going to go with a single zone for
attglobal.net.
but your idea of two zones for just the 2 hosts limits the damage nicely.
I also got around the "sendmail sees the wrong ips (loop) problem" by using
views in bind - I don't show those two zones to the sendmail server.

I agree that VPN is the ultimate solution - and with SPF and Caller-ID (and
others)
I may have to do that soon, but this works for now.

All the best.