(updated) Can ping www.domainIjustAdded.com but not domainIjustadded.com

MarkE mnemry2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 16:34:52 UTC 2004

Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:<cg64se$6dp$1 at sf1.isc.org>...
> In article <cg5n31$2a2e$1 at sf1.isc.org>, mnemry2002 at yahoo.com (MarkE)
> wrote:
>
> > Thanx for the heads up, the original msg and zone record below.
> > -----
> > I am running a DNS on a W2K server and just recently realized that
> > although I can reach any of the hosts, ie: www.domain.com
> > ftp.domain.com mail.domain.com, I cannot reach domain.com. Other that
> > that, everything seems to work just fine. what could I have done
> > wrong?
> >

> Someone else already answered your question, but I wanted to point out
> another problem in your zone file: the A records for ns1.tlcwebhost.com
> and ns1.pbi.net do not belong in this file.  I'm sure your log has
> messages about these records being outside the zone and being ignored.
>
> > newbie
> > ---------

I wonder if that is something peculiar to Microsft DNS? I went to the
dot DNS file and removed the A record for the namveservers, but they
never did show up in the GUI. As a matter of fact when I added the A
record for the site manually:

@                     A	69.104.44.35

It didnt show up in the GUI, i had to add it via the GUI and it
complained that the 'name was invalid'. I did it anyway and, of course
it cleared the trouble.

Many thanks to everyone who has responded.

Mark